Parksyde Community Centre
Parksyde specifically and successfully caters for the social, recreational, health and educational needs of the older people in Rotorua and the surrounding districts. This is done through the provision of a weekly schedule of activities. Each activity has a small door charge. There is no membership fee, something which sets Parksyde apart. Activities include: Mah-jong, Zumba, Indoor bowls, Line Dancing, Canasta, Probus meetings, Housie, U3A History, Table Tennis, Tai Chi, Scrabble, Parkinson’s Counterpunch, Embroidery and much more. See the Calendar Tab for all timetabled activities.
We also RENT SPACE FOR MEETINGS, TRAINING SESSIONS AND SEMINARS. We can seat from small groups up to large groups (200 people). Phone to check availability and cost.
CHECK out our activities (details are in the Calendar):
- Embroidery – interested to learn, or if you already stitch, want to learn new techniques… enjoy this every Wednesday with a great group of ladies. Phone Lawrie for details ph 345 6004.
- Sport Dance Thursday evenings.
- We also now have YOGA. The class is almost full, so if you are interested, phone Reception and ask for Robyn – phone 348 9892.
- Tai Chi Beginners Wednesday mornings
Seated Aerobics – Interested?
- NEW fitness class starting February – especially for those who wish to build their core strength and to get lungs going and blood circulating. Interested? Particularly good for those who couldn’t do a standing-fitness class. Phone Parksyde Reception and ask for Robyn. Ph 348 9892
The Parksyde Cafe has fast become a popular spot. Scrumptious food and welcoming atmosphere with local sisters Hilary and Barbara
- Join us for healthy, home-cooked morning teas and lunches. Book in for an afternoon tea or if you are looking for a venue and caterers for a special event.
- Try chef Hilary’s delicious cheese scones, muffins, original cheese rolls, chicken or Thai beef salads, pasta bakes and more.
Parksyde Salon – For appointments:
- Zennie for Haircuts – phone 348 9892 BETWEEN 9am and 3pm for an appointment. Outside those hours, simply leave a message and the Receptionist will ring you back.
- Sally for Toe nail care – Toe nail technician (trip, polish, massage) phone 021 901 444 for an appointment.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU!
Parksyde was opened in August 2001 as an event centre for the 55+ age groups and was one of the Rotorua Energy Charitable Trusts millennium projects.
Parksyde is owned and operated by the Older Persons Charitable Trust and is the only one of its kind in the country.
We are an Event Centre providing activities for the 55+age group with both set activities and a variety of rooms to hire, including a hall with a wonderful dance floor.
No membership is required; a small fee is charged for each activity.
We have a salon with a hairdresser and nail specialist, as well as a commercial Kitchen catering for lunches and functions.
Ring us if you’d like to know about availability, suitability and/or prices. Ph 07 348 9892
We are open between the hours of 9.00 am – 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, please note some activities and functions are outside these hours, we are not open on Public holidays.
Parksyde is proud to be supported by the following groups
Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust
The Southern Trust
First Sovereign Trust
Four Winds Foundation
Rotorua District Council
Rotary Club of Rotorua Lakes
Rotary Club Rotorua Sunrise
Rotary Club of Rotorua North
Geyser Community Foundation
Some upcoming events
- January 26, 2021 9:30 amZumba Gold
- January 26, 2021 1:00 pmMahjong
- January 27, 2021 10:00 amTai Chi
- January 27, 2021 7:00 pmRotorua Embroiderers Guild